Game day Varsity Positions
Department of Athletics & Recreation 2019/20
The Department of Athletics & Recreation is requesting varsity game day staff for the upcoming 19/20 season. If you have experience in any of these areas, or feel you would be qualified to be a part of our game day team, please fill out the form, attach a short resume and return it to the Department office located on the 2nd floor of the Homburg Centre, attention Lori Forbes. All jobs are posted on Career 360 https://career360.smu.ca/home.htm
- Game day events assistant - assist with home events
- Statistician (Presto)- hockey / soccer (live game day stats program)
- Statistician Spotter – all sports, assist in the data entry
- Webcast camera
- Scoreclock operator - basketball / volleyball
- Scorekeeper – basketball
- Sports Writer – all sports
- Music DJ – basketball/volleyball
- game announcer - soccer / volleyball / basketball
- webcast play by play commentator volleyball
- Mascot – all sports, most be enthusiastic!
- Ticket sellers
All positions are part-time running from September – March with games primarily taking place during evenings and weekends. These positions are “sport specific”, therefore successful candidates must be very familiar with the playing rules and regulations for the sport related to the position. Saint Mary’s strives to deliver the best game day events!
Send an updated resume and indicate which position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your resume and contact information to:
Department of Athletics & Recreation, 2ndfloor Homburg Centre
Saint Mary’s University
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3
Or email to: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.