Game day Varsity Positions
Department of Athletics & Recreation 2019/20
The Department of Athletics & Recreation is requesting varsity game day staff for the upcoming 18/19 season. If you have experience in any of these areas, or feel you would be qualified to be a part of our game day team, please fill out the form, attach a short resume and return it to the Department office located on the 2nd floor of the Homburg Centre, attention Lori Forbes.
- Game day events assistant - assist with home events
- Statistician (Presto)- hockey / soccer (live game day stats program)
- Statistician Spotter – all sports, assist in the data entry
- Webcast camera
- Scoreclock operator - basketball / volleyball
- Scorekeeper – basketball
- Sports Writer – all sports
- Music DJ – basketball/volleyball
- game announcer - soccer / volleyball / basketball
- webcast play by play commentator volleyball
- Mascot – all sports, most be enthusiastic!
- Ticket sellers
All positions are part-time running from September – March with games primarily taking place during evenings and weekends. These positions are “sport specific”, therefore successful candidates must be very familiar with the playing rules and regulations for the sport related to the position. Saint Mary’s strives to deliver the best game day events!
Name: ______________________________________ Year of Study/Degree: _______________
Cell #: _________________ Email: ________________________________________________________
Indicate the position(s) that are applying for as well as the sport in the list below.
Explain a few details about you and why you’d be a good candidate for the position(s)
To complete the application, please attach a resume and return to:
Department of Athletics & Recreation, 2ndfloor Homburg Centre
Saint Mary’s University
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3
Or email to: email@example.com
Please note the review of application is ongoing, and only successful candidates will be contacted.